Thursday, 9 September 2010

LinkMünki on Spam

LinkMünki on Spam

It's just too easy to spam, you know it is! If it wasn't then it wouldn't be all over the net. This, to me is a problem, not that I'm really anti anything, it's just that since it is so easy just about anybody can do it, and sometimes it feels like they are. We have all logged into blogs [or our e-mails] to accept/reject these requests.

And I don't hate spam so much [I can get very close to being a spammer myself sometimes ;)], if people leave comments on my blogs and they are vaguely related to the subject, quite amusing or even if they have enough cojones I usually leave them: if they are about certain types of mucky pictures, little blue pills or really badly written they go.

But all this is by the by, in my efforts link up all of my social networking accounts [if an account gives you a public profile and you can put links on it fair enough in my opinion!] I started some of them doing what can only be described as a cacophony of autospam. It seemed like everything I did was being automagically posted on tumblr or facebook or my google profile [and my yahoo profile :)]. But they were just throwing out torrents of bit.lys, and this.lys and that.lys, and that was probably as annoying to me than to anybody who had the dipleasure to look at it. I'm shutting down the auto-spam where and when I can remember which accounts I have [but I have a lot].

But this is also a problem in spamming being made too easy, auto-posting doesn't help me get the traffic to what I want people to look at, it just clutters up the internet with rubbish that nobody wants to see. There should be controlls put on it [I can't believe I said that!!], perhaps we ought not stop it altogether but make it a lot more difficult, nothing wrong with linking profiles, but keep what you post seperate, eh! Otherwise this little interweb toy we all enjoy might meltdown and turn into mush.

LinkMünki

3 comments:

  1. You're right it is too easy to spam...

    If you like fashion, visit my blog at loraheartsfashion.wordpress.com ...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right but perhaps an anchor text like fashion blog might help in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you like to have Complete SEO Packages and Buy one way Link just go to http://www.links-building.com/.

    ReplyDelete