Monday, 9 August 2010

Blekkoed

Well today I was allowed access to Blekko, I'm not sure yet what to do with it. It certainly has aspects to it which allure. But I'll tell you this: it ain't google.

As a searcher who has searched mainly by google it is weird, I liked the default slash-tags, and I liked the fact that you can create your own slash-tags. However, like all young things it has its 'teething troubles', for example I am not 100% sure how to fully utilise the slash-tags, also I am so indoctrinated into using google's site commands that I just do it naturally. There is also the question of the size of its index, it will not for a while be able to compare itself when put up next to the breadth of the google index.

This is not, however, a review, just telling you that I now have access to it, I will have to play with it for a while before I can faithfully make a judgement, but even then, it took me a while to get off Firefox and on to Chrome, now I look back at that person as rather foolish, the future is the undiscovered country.

LinkMünki away to play with Blekko

No comments:

Post a Comment