Friday, 16 July 2010

BING

I can hear the cries of derision already, before I've typed a single word, but I'm going to say something that perhaps we SEOs think about. When are we going to think about thinking about taking Bing seriously?

I personally dislike the thing, but in the short time that it has been in existence it has continued to grow, even though it is still a gazillion [technical term] miles behind the big G but it is growing.This comes mainly from the fact that people get a computer, they just continue to use the Microsoft default settings [people are lazy].

Some of my friends have ridiculedme about thinking about this and I can't completely disagree with some of their statements "bings doubled its marketshare - 2 X 0 = 0" but I still think that we lose sight of the fact SEOs only worship at the altar of google because it is so big, and that we are 'search engine optimisers' first, and only temporarily 'googlemonkeys'.

Don't get me wrong I would much rather use Search or KartOO even teoma than touch microsoft with yours, but sometimes things are taken out of our hands. Maybe we should keep an eye on bing, it may be rubbish, but people are using it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment